On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM, phoenix <284281...@qq.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I find something interesting in proc-db/brepintersect.h(cpp). After
> skimming the code I found it's doing something very similar to my current
> surface-surface intersection. Is it an unfinished SSI implementation a few
> years ago? I'm just very curious about this.

Ah, yeah that's right - that code is from an earlier GSoC attempt.
Feel free to incorporate anything there you find useful, but I don't
know how functional the various bits of that code are.  I'm pretty
sure that code doesn't have any logic using surface tree bounding
boxes.  By the way, there are line segment/line segment intersection
routines in libbn that may be handy for this - see
bn_isect_line3_line3.

> Now I have added an option to the brep command in MGED and can tested
> surface-surface intersection conveniently with it. The intersection function
> still needs lots of improvements, though. I will upload some test results on
> my log page in a few days.

Excellent!  Nice progress.

Looking ahead a little bit (while I'm thinking about work already
done) - once you are happy with the curves being produced by the
intersection routine, the next step will be to "pull back" the 3D
curve into the UV parameter spaces of the intersecting surfaces in
order to create 2D trimming curves (and hence new trimmed surfaces
that will be used to form the evaluated breps).  There is logic for
that task in the step-g converter - it needs to be moved into librt,
but that will probably be a lot less work than re-creating it.  Again,
that's down the road after the intersection issue itself has been
worked out, but I thought I'd mention it.

Cliff