that was it. thx. =)

From: Christian Kratzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Bob Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: dmail maximum mailbox size
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:27:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Bob Smith wrote:

> dmail seems to stop working properly when my mailbox size hits 50MB. i have
> procmail configured to use dmail to deliver to my inbox, when the mailbox
> hits 50MB it stops growing which corrupts the mailbox. once the mailbox is
> full dmail delivers to temp files in the same directory as the mailbox.
>
> i am currently using dmail from the imap-2002e distribution. i have seen
> this behavior from imap-2001a dist as well. my host platform is solaris 8
> SPARC.

does your mta set system resource limits before calling procmail ?
Postfix for example has a default of about 50mb for mailbox size.
If you have postfix check with postconf and update mailbox_size_limit.

        vesihiisi# postconf | grep mailbox_size_limit
        mailbox_size_limit = 512000000
        vesihiisi#

Greetings
Christian

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,         Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com