Hi Mark,

--On Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 11:34 Uhr -0700 Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
"Delivery agents that do not speak SMTP (those that include a $u in the
A= argument array) should have their end-of-line field set to E=\n (for
a lone line-feed character)."

That statement must assume that all mailboxes on UNIX use UNIX-style LF-only newlines. That is not the case with mbx format, and therefore does not apply to mbx format. Or rather, consider that tmail's requirements supercede anything that the bat book says.

fair enough. With the hint that Steve Hubert gave me I'm a happy camper.

Oct 17 19:53:10 kerberos tmail[23304]: attempting to create mailbox
# driver.mbx/INBOX path /home/hgd/mail/INBOX
Oct 17 19:53:10 kerberos tmail[23304]: Can't create /home/hgd/mail/INBOX:
invalid name

Are you setting any of the restrictBox options (or using a third-party distribution that sets a restrictBox option)? If so, unset it.

OK, that finally did the trick. I gather I'm fine using imapd and ipop3d compiled *with* restrictBox together with tmail compiled *without* it?

Thanks very much for your help.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn              PGP key ID: 0x4D105B45
Ehrenfeldgürtel 156