Our Microsoft Outlook 2002 users are encountering the situation
described in the UW-IMAP FAQ:

7.19 Why did my POP or IMAP session suddenly disconnect?  The syslog
     has the message: Killed (lost mailbox lock) user=... host=...

We do see these entries in our syslog.  The FAQ gives two possible
explanations:

1. Certain poorly-designed clients routinely open multiple sessions to
   the same mailbox;

2. Another cause is a background "check for new mail" task which does
   its work by opening a POP session to server every few seconds.

Anybody know which of these is the culprit with Outlook?  Is there a work-
around that will spare these users the annoyance of the "Your IMAP server
has closed the connection" boxes? (Like a feature they can turn off to
stop Outlook from opening multiple sessions, maybe?)

--
Kai Lanz          [EMAIL PROTECTED]