The Graphviz project has seen similar Gitlab error messages a few weeks ago. We didn’t do anything and the errors seemed to resolve themselves.

On 7/4/23 14:15, Mikolaj Konarski wrote:
Hello,

Any idea what this is about?

I guess the mirror of cabal's github repo on gitlab?

Did anything change there?

Cheers,
Mikolaj

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: GitLab <git...@gitlab.haskell.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2023 at 11:11 PM
Subject: Cabal/ | Repository mirroring paused
To: <mikolaj.konar...@gmail.com>

Repository mirroring on haskell/cabal has been paused due to too many
failures. The last failure was:

13:updating ref with hooks: running pre-receive hooks: GitLab: You are
not allowed to push code to protected branches on this project..

To resume mirroring update your repository mirroring settings.

—