Actually it looks like mirroring is still paused.

[image: image.png]

<https://gitlab.haskell.org/haskell/cabal/-/mirror>
> Repository mirroring has been paused due to too many failed attempts. It
can be resumed by a project maintainer or owner.
> Last successful update Jul 2, 2023, 11:40 PM.

Perhaps there was a "fix" in the recent update to GitLab that disallows
pulls from modifying protected branches.

I will look into this today.