Do the official Tutorials, they'll teach you how to work with CakePHP.

http://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/tutorials-and-examples.html

The level of abstraction in CakePHP is higher than what you describe, you
don't implement these methods on model or table objects, entities
<http://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/orm/entities.html> represent data. They
represent data objects and you can implement accessors and mutators to
implement more specific behavior than a simple getter and setter. I highly
recommend you to read the documentation

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:50:52 PM UTC+1, Willem wrote:

> how would one create a CakePHP3 app and what database tabels would i need
> to create an app that uses inheritance.
>
> for example fictional setup:
>
> [Person] <--- [Customer]
> [Person]<--- [Manager]
>
> All Persons have "name". Customer has "order_amount". Manager has
> "sales_total".
>
> Person has a method "getName()" , which is avavailable through inheritance
> in Customer and manager.
>
> Person is the parent class and Customer and manager are the child-classes.
>
> How would i implement this in CakePHP?
>
> I could create a customer and manager database table and bake this to two
> models. but that would mean that the getName() function would be
> implemented in both classes.
>
> Could somebody help me grasp this in cakephp? thanks.

---