I am relatively new to cakephp and I got tempted to switch to rails
when I came across 'hobo'.  The template language that this uses looks
fantastic. You can simply define your own 'html tags' if you like, and
there are also some built in tags to provide helpers etc..
Obviously, you could get stuck with this if you defined a tag that
later on is added to html itself !!

The resulting code looked so tidy and easy to understand.  I believe
the language is 'dryml'.  I tried to find an equivalent for php but
have not managed to find anything.

For example - the 'MyMenu' tag has been previously defined to display
my menu.

   <h1>The Title</h1>
    <MyMenu />

I would love to see this as an addon to cake or even built in.  I
can't stand using php in my view code (even though I am a php
programmer !), I have tried flexy and about to try smarty.

Regards

Gary