I tried the very latest nightly build this morning (25th) and its
working as intended. /cheer

I had previously tried the nightly build on the 23th (as recommended
by grigri) which still exhibited the problem. It must have been fixed
by those mysterious code fairies that work so tirelessly behind the
scenes.

I did run the debug code recommended by grigri this morning before I
tried the nightly build, and the groupPath wasn't being sent to the
log (truncated as there are 300+ tags):

2008-01-25 10:47:34 Error: Array
(
    [keyPath] => {n}.Tag.id
    [valuePath] => {n}.Tag.name
    [results] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [Tag] => Array
                        (
                            [id] => 1
                            [name] => ADL_SCORM
                        )

                    [TagType] => Array
                        (
                            [name] => Standards
                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [Tag] => Array
                        (
                            [id] => 2
                            [name] => AIFF
                        )

                    [TagType] => Array
                        (
                            [name] => Standards
                        )

                )

            [2] => Array
                (
                    [Tag] => Array
                        (
                            [id] => 3
                            [name] => ARK
                        )

                    [TagType] => Array
                        (
                            [name] => Standards
                        )

                )

        )

)

I want to offer a big thanks to everyone who offered help and
assistance on this, debugging someone else code is always a nightmare
- thanks for sticking with it. I hope I get the opportunity to return
the favour in the future.