Its not bitching if you are willing to point out where the problems
are and perhaps offer some solutions to those problems.  That's called
contributing in my books.  As for the API it is automatically
generated via doxygen.  But just because it is auto generated means it
should be poor.  So again, some places where you think the API is weak
would help as you are probably not the only person who has experienced
issues with it.

-Mark