On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM, mark_story <mark.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Its not bitching if you are willing to point out where the problems
> are and perhaps offer some solutions to those problems.  That's called
> contributing in my books.  As for the API it is automatically
> generated via doxygen.  But just because it is auto generated means it
> should be poor.  So again, some places where you think the API is weak
> would help as you are probably not the only person who has experienced
> issues with it.

I think there's a source documentation problem throughout. I don't
think it's a matter of any one file. Perhaps that's a decision the
devs made to keep the files slim, although I'm unaware of any
significant impact lots of comments has on performance. I doubt it's
relevant.

There have been times when I've been studying some method and, once
the clue fairy appears, have thought that a particular inline comment
or explanation at the top of the method would help considerably. But I
doubt that Trac submissions just for source comment additions would be
welcomed if too many people did so. Perhaps I'm wrong; I don't kow how
the devs feel about that.

As with any code source, though, a bit (well, more than a bit) of
effort does, eventually, lead to a more comprehensive understanding of
the framework.