On Oct 15, 2008, at 9:40 AM, Damien Doligez wrote:

Dear OCaml Users,

We are pleased to celebrate the birthday of Friedrich Nietzsche
by releasing OCaml version 3.11.0+beta1.  We need YOU to test
it thoroughly and report any problems you might have.  Does
your favorite software work with it?

Thanks for the good work. I would like to know exactly what architectures support the native Dynlink? I did not see this information in the release notes.

I need to update configure scripts to include it or not in the link step because dynlink.cmxa is needed by camlp4fulllib.cmxa, but now I realize that it's not just a matter of having OCaml >= 3.11.

many thanks again,

Andres

It is available as a source release only (plus documentation),
from this address:
< http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.11/ >

It is also available from our CVS server at:
< http://camlcvs.inria.fr/ >
Use tag "ocaml3110beta1" to get the beta release, and tag
"release311" to track the bug fixes between this and the
final release of 3.11.0.

Have fun and PLEASE send us some feedback, positive or negative.

-- The OCaml team.

--------------------- Camlp5 HOW-TO ------------------------

Camlp5 version 5.09 does not work with OCaml 3.11.0+beta1 out of the
box.  A new version compatible with OCaml 3.11.0 should be released
very soon.  In the meantime you can use the following commands (in the
root directory of the Camlp5 5.09 sources) to compile Camlp5 5.09 with
OCaml 3.11.0+beta1.  Note that you will need to provide the path name
to a copy of the OCaml 3.11.0+beta1 sources at the line labelled
"HERE".

cp -R ocaml_stuff/3.11 ocaml_stuff/3.11.0
cp ocaml_src/main/ast2pt.ml_3.11 ocaml_src/main/ast2pt.ml_3.11.0
ed main/ast2pt.ml <<-EOF
 g/OCAML_3_11/s//& OR OCAML_3_11_0/
 wq
EOF
ed top/rprint.ml <<-EOF
 g/OCAML_3_11/s//& OR OCAML_3_11_0/
 wq
EOF
./configure --transitional
make steal OCAML_SRC=<path-to-ocaml-source-dir>      # HERE
make core
make bootstrap_sources
./configure --transitional
make world.opt

That's all.  Now you can "make install" as usual.