On Sunday 03 January 2010 10:49:38 Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> The only point of the whole discussion -- which is a recurring point by
> some of those who participate -- is the lack of shared-memory
> parallelism in the core language.

I solved the problem: the latest version of HLVM now facilitates
high-performance shared-memory parallelism.

The remaining challenges to making this more user friendly are:

1. High-level constructs for parallelism in HLVM (task queues).

2. OCaml<->HLVM interop, probably by destructuring values passed from the
OCaml world so that HLVM programs can use them directly and return results by
mutating values on the OCaml side.

3. Camlp4 macros so users can write their HLVM code in an OCaml-like DSL.

I believe this is basically an optimal solution for OCaml's multicore problem
given the practical constraints.

The future's looking bright again. :-)

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e