There's nothing stopping you from doing that, but you'll have to write your own custom capistrano tasks to make it happen. Capistrano, like Rails, is opinionated software, believing that there is generally one right way to do things, and various other not-quite- right ways. :) You can make the not-quite-right ways work, with effort, but life is much simpler if you just conform. Let yourself be assimilated! Resistance, as they say, is futile. ;)

- Jamis