On Oct 26, 2006, at 1:46 PM, E.B. Farnum wrote:

Suppose I let capistrano have it's default deployment directory and it
put all the releases in /u/apps/flippy.  Could I remove my
/var/www/flippy directory and symlink /var/www/flippy to
/u/apps/flippy/current?  Or could there be issues doing that?

Thanks for being a sounding board.

I'm assuming you're talking about something like:
ln -s /u/apps/flippy/current /var/www/flippy

There shouldn't be any issues doing something like that. Even though what the /u/apps/flippy/current is linked to will change every time you deploy, you can depend on /u/apps/flippy/current pointing to the active revision.

-Mark