Ok, fair enough.  Except...

I've been through this so much now Dmitriy that I've got a very fresh
overlay going.  Let me show you some output from my currently running
tomcat7 instance, which will show you that in some sense hazelcast is
running:

Oct 20, 2015 5:26:13 PM org.hibernate.validator.internal.util.Version
<clinit>
INFO: HV000001: Hibernate Validator 5.1.3.Final
2015-10-20 17:26:28,360 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.HazelcastTicketRegistry]
<Setting up Hazelcast Ticket Registry...>
2015-10-20 17:26:43,366 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.util.AutowiringSchedulerFactoryBean] - <Starting Quartz
Scheduler now>
2015-10-20 17:26:43,371 INFO [org.jasig.cas.CasEnvironmentContextListener]
- <[Apache Tomcat/7.0.23] has loaded the CAS application context>
2015-10-20 17:26:52,492 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.support.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] -
<Beginning ticket cleanup.>
2015-10-20 17:26:53,181 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.support.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <0
expired tickets found to be removed.>
2015-10-20 17:26:53,215 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.support.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] -
<Finished ticket cleanup.>
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /usr/local/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory
/usr/local/tomcat7/webapps/host-manager
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-7087"]
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-7086"]
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-7473"]
Oct 20, 2015 5:26:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 120112 ms
2015-10-20 17:28:35,761 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Reloading registered
services.>
2015-10-20 17:28:35,781 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services.>
2015-10-20 17:30:35,761 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Reloading registered
services.>
2015-10-20 17:30:35,782 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services.>
2015-10-20 17:32:35,760 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Reloading registered
service

This is right out of tomcat7.

However, using this deployConfigContext.xml file that you recommended:

https://github.com/Jasig/cas/blob/v4.1.0/cas-server-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml#L109

...definitely results in the default ticketRegistry being written.

Now, I would inject this in there:

https://github.com/Unicon/cas-addons/wiki/Configuring-HazelcastTicketRegistry

Except that throws errors.

So...do I need to do filtering or whatever or what?  Because that hz ticket
registry is not being written in there...