Hey Michael (reply copied to CASPER mailing list)

We have had some issues with the FFT overflow output recently as well.
Shifting on every stage still yielded overflows at times. We have not had a
chance to get to the bottom of it yet. It could be that we are actually
munging our data somewhere (although other tests don't show any
distortion), or we are doing something wrong during detection. If you find
anything please let us know.

Regards
Andrew