Dear All,

I hope you are all staying healthy.

The gigabit ethernet on our ~10 year old ROACH1 board went silent all of a
sudden this morning. The ethernet port show no activity (the yellow LED
flickers very occasionally). On booting the unit off the SD card, and manually
bringing up the interface shows the following message on the serial console and
keeps repeating:

eth0: link is down
root@roach:~# eth0: link is up, 1000 FDX
eth0: link is down
eth0: link is up, 1000 FDX
eth0: link is down

The board does not respond to pings either.

I tried a different cable, a differ port on the switch, and opened up the board
to examine the said port - nothing looks suspicious. Does anyone have an idea
on what could be the issue here?

Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions!

Cheers,
Ramesh