Charlie Garrison wrote:
> You're looking for ACCEPT_CONTEXT. Took me a while to get the right
> setup so that it did what I needed but works great now. I couldn't
> find *one* complete example that showed me how to best implement it,
> but after looking at various examples I was able to pick out the bits
> that worked for my app. I ended up with something very close to this
> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.catalyst.general/11887>.
>
> Best practices say to only store the info from $context that you need
> in your model rather than a reference to $context itself. IOW, if you
> just need the current user object, then just store that. I don't
> recall the reasoning for it though.

You can try mixing in Catalyst::Component::ACCEPT_CONTEXT.  It will
handle the ACCEPT_CONTEXT magic and provide $c as $self->context for
you.  The reason for not storing $context in your model is because it
will create a circular reference if you're not careful.
Catalyst::Component::ACCEPT_CONTEXT is careful, so you don't need to
worry about that. :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway