Good morning,

On 17/9/07 at 8:37 AM -0500, Jonathan Rockway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Best practices say to only store the info from $context that you need
in your model rather than a reference to $context itself. IOW, if you
just need the current user object, then just store that. I don't
recall the reasoning for it though.

You can try mixing in Catalyst::Component::ACCEPT_CONTEXT.  It will
handle the ACCEPT_CONTEXT magic and provide $c as $self->context for
you.  The reason for not storing $context in your model is because it
will create a circular reference if you're not careful. Catalyst::Component::ACCEPT_CONTEXT is careful, so you don't need to
worry about that. :)

Thanks for that reference. That was one of the sources I looked at, but I needed slightly different behaviour. I missed the 'weaken' stuff though. Reading up on that now.

Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt