Hello,

I have been working some with Hibernate, and while I like a lot of what it
has to offer, but I am constantly frustrated with things that would be a no
brainier sql query, that takes hours if not days to try in shoehorn into
their paradigm. Here is a scenario that you cannot do in Hibernate and I am
wonder if it is possible in Cayenne:

Here is a table structure:

projects_table
--------------------------------
id int
projectname varchar
status int

status_table
------------------------------
projectId int (fkey back to projects_table id)
status_name varchar

I have a project object as with the following variables:

Project.java
int id
String projectName
String statusName

Hibernate does not support this, and to get around it I have had to create a
view that hibernate pulls from. We like having the status_table look-up
because it makes it easy to return sorted lists of projects, while giving us
the freedom to change status text.