I found a small mixed flock of migrants at the Sherwood Platform in Sapsucker
Woods during a brief spell of sunshine on Sunday morning.  I saw BAY-BREASTED
WARBLER, BLACKPOLL WARBLER, CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER,
WILSON'S WARBLER, and AMERICAN REDSTART, plus a SCARLET TANAGER, Red-eyed
Vireo, Eastern Wood-Pewee, and some chickadees and woodpeckers.  I saw one
individual of each warbler species.  All appeared to be hatch-year and/or
female birds, except for the redstart, which was an adult male.

I also saw a juvenile NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD by the Owens Platform.  In my
experience, this species is not common in Sapsucker Woods.

I then paid a 20-minute visit to the northern half of the Freese Road gardens.
As expected, the place is teeming with Song Sparrows of various ages and
plumages (many finely streaked or even nearly unstreaked).  I also saw one
Savannah Sparrow, a Field Sparrow, a few brown Indigo Buntings, and a House
Wren.

Mark Chao