I finally got to see a Snowy Owl after trying for a couple years! The owl was
across the Thruway from the Waterloo Outlet Center about 2 PM, then flew to the
corner tower by Timberland. From there it landed atop a telephone pole behind
the northwest corner of the outlet center. I spotted it again on a tower near
the food court area, but it was gone about 3 PM and I didn't relocate it
(wasn't trying too hard by then though). As to Dave Nutter's question about
diet, just a guess, but the food court attracts a lot of rodents out there, and
the retention pond has several muskrat houses in it. At each location the owl
seemed to be scanning intently all around, but also seemed oblivious to all the
people and traffic in the area.