I have a great forsythia bush near 4 feeders and have never cut it back. It
is looking rather ratty these days, so I figured that when the blooms are
gone, I will cut it to the ground.  I figured it would sprout up sometime
in the summer, definitely by the fall.  Is that your take on pruning and
bird security?
Ann