Ted Parker, one of the best birders and a well known recorder of bird
songs, recorded the birds in Peru and played back tapes of them so they
would respond. Of course it was done in the name of science, but he was
relentless. A super researcher. That didn't keep the birds away. Read "The
Parrot Without A Name". That will help you appreciate the work that goes
into identifying birds. Best, Ann