They're back!  With the snow melt and warm temperatures, I've only had a small
numbers of my regular birds. I've also continued to have a few Redpolls.
Today, I had a large flock of maybe 30. The mixed flock of birds would scare
every little while, but a few of the Redpolls would keep feeding while the
others spooked.  I wonder if they might be the ones that have been here daily.
There's no way to tell, however.

Another behavior I would like to mention is that of my local juvenile Cooper's
Hawk.  It had been here two days in a row.  The first time it came, it just sat
in the weeping pine out front and watched for birds.  Not so the next day. That
day it landed at the top of the pine, but it kept hopping from branch to branch
through out the tree looking for a hidden bird.  It was very cool to watch it
actively hunting.  It went from there to a nearby beech tree and soon left.  It
didn't catch anything.
Carol Keeler
Sent from my iPad