Saw a young pileated this evening in the cavity described below, not quite yet
sticking its neck out to explore the world. Did not wait around for a feeding.
Looks like this is the week to start seeing some action. Beware the wood
nettles covering the forest floor.  Direction of hole favors morning light for
photographers.

Asian