I took my mother to Myers Park in Lansing on Friday morning just after the
heavy rains passed.  She was quite captivated by the sweeping interfaces of
beach, water, woods, rising mist, and heavy clouds.  Two COMMON TERNS
foraged with considerable success for 15+ minutes just off the spit, then
perched on a near buoy.

We walked the road loop back to the entrance.  At the four-way stop, we
found a vociferous first-summer male ORCHARD ORIOLE, probably the first my
mom has ever seen in her long life.

Mark Chao

---
is active.