As I left my office which is two doors from Dewitt Park I heard a
Blue-headed Vireo singing in the large deciduous tree (I think it's a Honey
Locust, but I am not strong with tree ID). Returning a half hour later it
was absent. Not something I expected to hear downtown this time of year.

At home in South Danby we have a few of them in the woods, of course, as
well as lately a whole twelve pack of Purple Finches which are decimating
our Black Oil Sunflower feeders, with many A. Goldfinches, Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks, Dark-eyed Juncos, Downy, Hairy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers, as
well as the other usual suspects including both nuthatches, Chipping and
Song Sparrows.

We put the feeders up in the morning and take them down at night to
discourage bears and raccoons, and often the chickadees and female Purple
Finches don't bother flying away when I am hanging or removing the feeders.

--
asher