Hey everyone,

I am excited by the passion and energy that folks are demonstrating through
this discussion.

As chair of the Cayuga Bird Club's Conservation Action Committee, I am
calling for volunteers who want to help out to please send me an email at
jodye...@gmail.com and we'll continue this discussion and chart actions off
of the main listserv.  Initial tasks include sleuthing online to identify
existing resources (some of which already have been linked on the
listserv), and identifying additional key players in Cornell's
sustainability initiatives who we can ioop in.

Further, as many of you know, the Cayuga Bird Club is working hard to
engage local youth groups to establish connections with communities in
Latin America with who share (and try to protect) some of the same
migratory species that use the forested areas we are improving.  We can do
the same with communities who share these grassland bird species of
interest.  Please let me know if you want to be involved in that.

Thanks
Jody Enck

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and