Hi Anne,

I wasn’t thinking of entering the fields that had been pre-selected for early
mowing, nor searching for nests. Rather, I was wondering if in some way those
fields could be rendered unappealing just before nesting begins, at the
critical moment* when the sociable and polygamous Bobolinks are choosing which
fields to build their nests in. Maybe they would find certain noises or
predator signals or patrolling drones or something else unacceptable, and move
on to settle into other fields that were slated for later mowing.

*I wrote “moment” for whatever the brief period might be before they make their
choice and begin nest building.

-Geo

Sent from my iPhone