Yesterday I found a wing-tagged Trumpeter swan in the flooded field, south side
of Armitage. I've seen this kind of tag before: yellow with black block
characters. This one is "Z50". I reported it via the federal website The North
American Bird Banding Program<https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/> and now
I wait to find out more info! I'll post pics in the Cayuga Bird Club FB group.

If you are unfamiliar with this process, anyone who recovers or who can read
all the characters on the tag/band, can report it! It's a fun way to give back
some important information and learn something as well. I'll update when I find
out more about Swan Z50!

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator