the embryonic connection maximum limits should be used on a protocol
specific class not on the global inspection policy.  Maybe it is a good
security hole but not necessarily a bug.  It is a configuration error.

You can have http inspected in your global policy and apply connection
limits after your global policy and the connection limits will still take
precedence over your inspection policy.

This rule of thumb goes back to the MPF order of operations.  You should not
apply this in the manner you have below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/mpf.h
tml#wp1142414

I will be the first to say I did not understand the order of operation for a
long time myself.  It was always a topic that confused me.

Instead do the following

access-list TCP_EMB permit tcp any any
!
class-map TCP_EMB
 match access-list TCP_EMB
policy-map global_policy
 class-map TCP_EMB
  set conn embryonic ...

Then retest.  you should see what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tyson Scott - CCIE #13513 R&S, Security, and SP
Managing Partner / Sr. Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
Mailto: tsc...@ipexpert.com
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444, ext. 208
Live Assistance, Please visit: www.ipexpert.com/chat
eFax: +1.810.454.0130

IPexpert is a premier provider of Self-Study Workbooks, Video on Demand,
Audio Tools, Online Hardware Rental and Classroom Training for the Cisco
CCIE (R&S, Voice, Security & Service Provider) certification(s) with
training locations throughout the United States, Europe, South Asia and
Australia. Be sure to visit our online communities at
www.ipexpert.com/communities and our public website at www.ipexpert.com