I was not questioning the tests and the reason of why the value was changed to
500 Msec. I was more confused about the values by default on the Unit poll
time. The question is very clear on what value to change, I got confused when
Looked at the answer that it was 500 msec if the Unit poll time was a total of
15 Seconds. I got confused on the values as they changed from the old pix to
the ASA firewall.

Pix firewall

Unit Poll frequency 15 seconds, holdtime 45 seconds
Interface Poll frequency 5 seconds, holdtime 25 seconds
Interface Policy 1
Monitored Interfaces 0 of 250 maximum

ASA Firewall

Unit Poll frequency 1 seconds, holdtime 15 seconds
Interface Poll frequency 5 seconds, holdtime 25 seconds
Interface Policy 1
Monitored Interfaces 0 of 250 maximum

Even thou, the following document states that is for Pix and ASA firewalls, is
not entirely true

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807dac5f.shtml

The values (as well as the example) should be for the Pix, although the
commands are almost the same, the timers change.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/failover.html

But thanks for the documentation.

Mike