Any vector, whether in the 'mathematical' or 'physical' sense as
defined in Wikipedia, and which is defined on a 3D vector space
(Euclidean or otherwise - which I hope is what were talking about),
has by definition 3 elements (real or complex). This clearly excludes
all scalars (real or complex) which have only 1 whatever the dimension
of the space.  Therefore it's plainly impossible for an entity in 3D
space to be both a scalar and a vector at the same time.  Your
conclusion that scalars and complex numbers fulfil the axioms of a
vector space is applicable only in the case of a 1D vector space, and
therefore is not relevant.  My original observation which started this
thread was intended to be general one, not for a particular special
case.

-- Ian