I think that BCA assay is what you are looking for.

Le 13 févr. 2014 à 16:06, Raji Edayathumangalam <r...@brandeis.edu> a écrit :

> Dear CC4BBers,
>
> I am trying to figure out what is the best way to determine the protein
> concentration of my membrane protein. My purified membrane protein is in 20mM
> Tris pH 7, 150mM NaCl and 0.02% DDM (CMC of DDM=0.0076%).
>
> After reading the friendly manuals and searching online, I've learned that
> detergents interferes with assays like Bradford but can't find good
> descriptions of what works best. For now, I am trying to estimate
> concentration from absorbance at 280nm and using molar extinction
> coefficients based on aromatic amino acids, but again suspect detergent
> interference. I would like to know what other folks working on membrane
> proteins are doing.
>
> Thanks very much.
> Raji
>
> --
> Raji Edayathumangalam
> Instructor in Neurology, Harvard Medical School
> Research Associate, Brigham and Women's Hospital
> Visiting Research Scholar, Brandeis University

Xavier Brazzolotto, PhD
Département de Toxicologie et Risque Chimique
Institut de Recherche Biomédicale des Armées
BP 73
91223 Brétigny sur Orge
France

Cell: +33 (0) 6 58 36 39 09

Actual Street Adress

Institut de Biologie Structurale
Equipe DYNAMOP
6 Rue Jules Horowitz
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1
France

Phone: +33 (0) 4 57 42 87 19

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please delete it and immediately contact the sender.