Tom,

How about Magalhaes et al., J. Protein Chem., Vol. 13, p 195?

Chad

________________________________
 From: Tom Peat <tom.p...@csiro.au>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] question on charge charge interactions

Hello Joel,

I like the example of HIV protease, but in this case these Asp residues are
found in the active site of the protein, and unless there is substrate (or
inhibitor) in the active site, these would be solvent exposed (unless I'm
looking at the wrong pair of Asp residues). In the particular case I'm looking
at, I have a buried pair with no other charged residues around- no waters/
metals, just Phe, Leu, etc. Which is why I think it might be slightly more rare
than most of the examples I've heard about so far.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers, tom