There are differences between the LINK pdb definition and that in REFMAC -
hence the different name LINK and LINKR

LINKR allows you to do this: ie cross reference to a dictionary link which
is much more informative than a simple LINK record which can only define a
link distance.

However for reasons I do not know this addition has never been adopted as
standard PDB information so there is confusion between different programs..
Eleanor.

Definition of LINK with LINKR part in red.

The LINK records specify connectivity between residues that is not implied
by the primary structure. Connectivity is expressed in terms of the atom
names. This record supplements information given in CONECT records and is
provided here for convenience in searching.
Record Format

COLUMNS        DATA TYPE       FIELD       DEFINITION
 1 -  6        Record name     "LINK  "

13 - 16        Atom            name1       Atom name.

17             Character       altLoc1     Alternate location indicator.

18 - 20        Residue name    resName1    Residue name.

22             Character       chainID1    Chain identifier.

23 - 26        Integer         resSeq1     Residue sequence number.

27             AChar           iCode1      Insertion code.

43 - 46        Atom            name2       Atom name.

47             Character       altLoc2     Alternate location indicator.

48 - 50        Residue name    resName2    Residue name.

52             Character       chainID2    Chain identifier.

53 - 56        Integer         resSeq2     Residue sequence number.

57             AChar           iCode2      Insertion code.

60 - 65        SymOP           sym1        Symmetry operator for 1st atom.

67 - 72        SymOP           sym2        Symmetry operator for 2nd atom.
73 - 80        LinkID          linkid      Cross-reference to LINK
definition in CCP4 libraries