In addition to that good suggestion, with a model at such high sequence
identity and with reasonable resolution data, it would be a good idea to search
for smaller models, like a single dimer or even a monomer, because the assembly
may have changed conformation.  Another possibility you should consider is that
the space group may not be correct.

Good luck!

Randy Read

On 24 Jul 2014, at 13:06, Antony Oliver <antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> Try using DNA as a search model - this has worked very successfully in our
> hands before.
>
> Tony.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Dr Antony W Oliver
> Senior Research Fellow
> CR-UK DNA Repair Enzymes Group
> Genome Damage and Stability Centre
> Science Park Road
> University of Sussex
> Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RQ
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> email: antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk
>
> tel (office): +44 (0)1273 678349
> tel (lab): +44 (0)1273 677512
>
> http://www.sussex.ac.uk/lifesci/oliverlab
> http://tinyurl.com/aw-oliver
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> On 24 Jul 2014, at 12:50, dusky dew <duskyde...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> DEAR ALL
>> I am trying to solve the structure of a protein DNA complex with molecular
>> replacement. The resolution in about 2.5 angstrom.  The spacegroup is P21.
>> The search model has about 50% identity and is a dimer of a dimer. The
>> problem is the unit cell is huge and so the number of molecules in asu
>> becomes 4 or 3. I am not finding any solution with phaser/molrep.
>> Please suggest.
>> Thanks
>> Yang zhang

------
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research      Tel: + 44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                   Fax: + 44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                    E-mail: rj...@cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                       www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk