On Friday, 06 February, 2015 13:38:14 Rachel Kramer Green wrote:
> Dear CCP4BB users,
>
> For additional information on this matter, please see:
>
> wwPDB Statement on Retraction of PDB Entries
> http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/UAB.php
>
> and
>
> Safeguarding the integrity of protein archive
> /Nature/ (2010) *463*:425. doi:10.1038/463425c
> <http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v463/n7280/full/463425c.html>
>
> Sincerely,
> Rachel Green

Both of those statements are now 5 years out of date.
The linked URLs at UAB are now dead.
The link to the US Office of Research Integrity works, but the
index to case summaries on that site has no listing for the Murthy affair
either as a closed or an open case investigation.

Furthermore the promised actions (retraction, obsolesence) apparently
never took place for whatever reason.  Can you provide an update?
Do you think that an open letter from the community would be helpful?

        Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg