Dear Phoebe A. Rice,
I didn't mean to discredit the work but the statistics of the structure
just shocked me at the first instance.
I could for example point out to another structure 1ZR2, which has the same
resolution (the protein Molecular weight is almost the same) and the
statistics are:
R-work: 0.27
Rfree: 0.319
Ramachandran outliers: 2.8%

The structure was solved by a combination of MIR and MAD three years
earlier in 2005 and definitely they didn't had better softwares.
As per your advice, I tried one cycle of refinement of this structure in
Phenix and the statistics are:
Start R-work = 0.2816 ; Start R-free =* 0.3551*
Final R-work = 0.2887 ; Final R-free = *0.3671*
Ramachandran outliers: 18.91%
Rotamer Outliers: 25.19%

Being a crystallographic community, isn't it our responsibility that if
better softwares are available now, we try to re-refine our older
structures and deposit better models in the PDB. That would help the users
immensely.

Misbha