Hi Robbie, Pietro,

Thank you for the quick replies! I tried this before, but must have messed up
things afterwards somehow... Anyway, tried again and now Buster works
beautifully. Indeed the molecule was a couple of unit cells away from the
origin, as the error message suggests... My fault.

Best wishes,

Radu

> Hi Radu,
> This may be caused by the coordinates being too many unit cells away from
the
> origin. In COOT you can easily ‘symmetry move coordinates here’  to a place
closer to the origin.
> Hope this helps,
> Robbie
> Sent from my Windows 10 phone
buster-discuss one seems less active :-) I am trying to run a refinement
job,
> and hit the following problem:
> ERROR : [run_buster-0046] unable to create initial SCREEN
>         output with gelly - see
>         refine/01-BUSTER/Cycle-1/gelly_screen.log)
> Looking in the gelly_screen.log, the problem reported is:
>      Getting symmetry operators from TNT.
>          gelly will classify symmetry using pdb-like convention:
>               SYMOP   SYMMETRY
>              NNNMMM   OPERATOR
>                1555   X,Y,Z
>                2555   -X,Y,-Z
>                3555   1/2+X,1/2+Y,Z
>                4555   1/2-X,1/2+Y,-Z
>          where NNN -> operator number and MMM -> translation vector
> *** ERROR in assignment of symmetry operators NNNMMM (M<1 or M>9). *** ERROR
maybe the molecules are far away from the origin.
> I tried everything I could think of to fix this, no luck so far.... I'm
probably making a very silly mistake... But would be very grateful for any
advice!