Completely agree, you need a higher DNA concentration. We have had luck
with 10 nM DNA.

Also, bubbles have a HUGE impact on how the fluorescent signal is measured.
Make sure you spin your plates down (assuming you are using them) to remove
any bubbles. We just had an undergrad read his anisotropy assay and the
data looked horrible. He then realized he had not spun his plate down,
after doing so the data was much more consistent.

Are you doing technical replicates? We do at least triplicates per plate.

All the best,
Morgan

Morgan E. Milton, PhD