However, I do have a comment - since one of the letter signatories was a reviewer of the paper, wouldn't the shortcomings described in the letter be grounds for rejection of the manuscript?

Best regards,

Pedro

On 13/05/2024 09:53, Harry Powell wrote:
Hi folks

This arrived in my inbox this morning, and I believe that it may provoke some
discussion…

Wikipedia tells me: στέργει γὰρ οὐδεὶς ἄγγελον κακῶν ἐπῶν

Best wishes!

Harry

    From: Stephanie Wankowicz <mullane.stepha...@gmail.com>
    Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2024 3:31 PM
    To: James Fraser <jaimefra...@gmail.com>; Pedro Beltrao <pedrobelt...@gmail.com>; Benjamin Cravatt
<crav...@scripps.edu>; Roland Dunbrack <roland.dunbr...@gmail.com>; Anthony Gitter <git...@biostat.wisc.edu>;
Kresten Lindorff-Larsen <lindo...@bio.ku.dk>; Sergey Ovchinnikov <s...@mit.edu>; Polizzi, Nicholas F.
<nicholasf_poli...@dfci.harvard.edu>; Brian Shoichet <bshoic...@gmail.com>
    Subject: AlphaFold3 Transparency and Reproducibility

    This email from mullane.stepha...@gmail.com originates from outside Imperial. Do
not click on links and attachments unless you recognise the sender. If you trust the
sender, add them to your safe senders list
<https://spam.ic.ac.uk/SpamConsole/Senders.aspx> to disable email stamping for
this address.

    Hello,

    As many of you, we were incredibly disappointed with the lack of code or
even executables accompanying the publication of AlphaFold3 in Nature.
AlphaFold3 was released without the means to test and use the software in a
high-throughput manner. This does not align with the principles of scientific
research, which rely on the ability of the community to evaluate, use, and
build upon existing work.

    We have written a letter, which will be posted on Zenodo and submitted as a
Letter to the Editor in the coming days.

    Please see the entire letter here.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6ioZPbxiDZy5h4qxo-bHa0XOTOxEYHObht0SX8EgwfPHY_g/viewform?usp=sf_link>
 If you want to endorse this letter, please fill out your name, affiliation, and
email in the form.

    Additionally, a PDF version of the letter can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1D3KzsllpI_6I0drA9RdIiENd9EK1Hz/view?usp=sharing>.

    Thank you,

    Stephanie Wankowicz, UCSF

    Pedro Beltrao, ETH
    Benjamin Cravatt, Scripps
    Roland Dunbrack, FCCC
    Anthony Gitter, UW Madison
    Kresten Lindorff-Larsen, Copenhagen
    Sergey Ovchinnikov, MIT
    Nicholas Polizzi, DFCI/HMS
    Brian Shoichet, UCSF
    James Fraser, UCSF

Industry and Medicine Applied Crystallography
Macromolecular Crystallography Unit
___________________________________
Phones : (351-21) 446-9100 Ext. 1669
         (351-21) 446-9669 (direct)
 Fax   : (351-21) 441-1277 or 443-3644

email : mat...@itqb.unl.pt

http://www.itqb.unl.pt/research/biological-chemistry/industry-and-medicine-applied-crystallography
http://www.itqb.unl.pt/labs/macromolecular-crystallography-unit

Mailing address :
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica António Xavier
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. da República
2780-157 Oeiras
PORTUGAL

ITQB NOVA, a great choice for your PhD
https://youtu.be/de6j-aaTWNQ

Master Programme in Biochemistry for Health
https://youtu.be/UKstDCFjYI8