On 4/27/24 19:09, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> How many know that AAM is a two byte instruction, with te second byte
> beint 0Ah?
> Changing the second byte to 8 gave division by 8, etc.

Argh!  I said earlier that the NEC V20 assumed that the value of the
second byte of AAM was always 0x0a.   If I'dve checked my notes from
2016, I'd find that I tried this on a NEC V20 and it worked fine with
other values.   The "assumed" 0x0a for the V20 is apparently a rumor
that nobody bothered to verify.

My wetware must be leaking, if I can't remember that I checked this one
out 8 years ago.

--Chuck