Frank Hage wrote:

> :
> : How? Specifically, if I wanted to burn my /www subdirectory and all
> : files and subdirs contained within to CD. I know I can mkisofs out of
> : it, but I dont want that. I just want a copy of my e2fs /www on CD.
> :
> : Thanks
> : Korey
> :
>
> Korey,
>
> It's not clear if your /www represents the root of a e2fs file system.
> Assuming it does, here's all you need to do;
>
> dd if=/dev/hdaX bs=32k | cdrecord -v -
>
> (replace hdaX with your e2fs partition mounted as /www)

Thanks Frank for the info.
Yes /www is just a directory on my e2fs file system.

> I often backup directories into tar files and then write those
> to CD's using mkisofs, rather than running mkisofs on the directories
> themselves. Tar files keep file permissions, ownerships, dates, etc and
> allows for more flexibility when accessing and restoring files.
>
> I'm curious, Why do you want an e2fs on the CD?  Few people would know
> how to read an e2fs image file or CD.
True, few people would, but these are only for my use. I want to do
simply e2fs because:
No intermediate file created, disk space is a problem at times.
No need to mess with large tar files later on.
Quick browsing of the CD contents.

Thanks again.