On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:06:27 +0200 (CEST)
Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I am no native english speaker. We can switch this discussion to
>  German if you like.

[CUT OUT]

>  If you believe that the man page should be rewritten, you are welcome
>  to do the job!
>
>  I would be happy if at least some of the cdrtools users leave their
>  attitute of only waiting for being supplied with free software.

Since the discussion drifted to language, I'd like to comment on the
following cdrecord output:

Track 01:    5 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf 100%]  10.6x.  2.47% done,
estimate finish Sat Oct 26 04:57:16 2002

I believe "estimate finish" is better rendered as "estimated finish",
unless the phrase expands to "I estimate the burn will finish at [*]".
Otherwise I tend to read it as "The burn's estimated finish is at [*]",
where "estimated" is used as a participle modifiying the noun "finish."
Constructions similar to this would be "unwritten law" or "estimated
time of arrival" (ETA).