On 03/31/2017 01:57 PM, Xinhuan Zheng wrote:
Hello,

Today I searched redhat official portal and learned that Sendmail is considered
deprecated. By default, CentOS 7 will use postfix as MTA. I need good advise on
what it means to us. We are CentOS customers. We use that operating system for
quite a few years. We rely on Sendmail for years for us to relay large quantity
of emails to our customers for marketing purpose. We build our additional
fallback servers as well for fallback relays. We build our customized
configuration for Sendmail too. I really need help to figure out if we can
continue using Sendmail (even deprecated) for future long term and what
implication would be doing so.
Thanks,

- xinhuan

You can still install sendmail, but postfix is the default, a decision I personally support as I have found it to be a lot easier to administer than sendmail with a much better security track record.

Historically, you would use system-switch-mail to select your preferred MTA to switch from the default.

I don't know if that is still the method, since the default now is what I prefer.