On 5/16/2017 10:11 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
The same *may* be true of chipsets for AMD. I do not know, but would like to know. It's possible that it will install and boot but work better with drivers that Red Hat does not (yet) include in their kernel.

Time will tell. I suspect if that is the case and if AMD is open with their chipset that RHEL engineers will backport the drivers. But that may not be an issue so I guess it is wait and see, unless someone knows.

If the Linux kernel adds hardware specific support/optimizations, and HP/Dell/Lenovo/SuperMicro/etc build servers with these chips, then I'd fully expect Red Hat to backport the key support.