I read somewhere that the PCIe issue is indicative of some other hardware (PCIe SSD; etc) not working correctly. Also, the 4.10 kernel is not the kernel out of the box. In a environment with 10 or more servers do you really want a custom kernel? How do you maintain all of these custom kernels (i.e. is a different kernel required for a HP Gen 8 server different than a HP Gen 9 server?)? I've learned my lesson from using the FOSS HPLIP HP printer driver - every time the kernel is updated you have to re-install the driver...
TIA

--
Eugene Poole
Woodstock, Georgia